- Thaw frozen phyllo dough in the refrigerator. I also rolled mine out a touch so it fit my cheese wheel better.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a baking dish.
- Cut top rind off brie wheel, and lay in phyllo dough.
- Cover surface of cheese with fig jam & bring up the sides of the dough to seal the cheese and jam.
- Bake about 30 minutes, or until dough is golden brown.
- This is harder to cut into servings, but that could be done if you let it sit a while...good luck with that!
For a holiday gathering last weekend, I was at Costco picking up cheeses and alcohol when I saw brie was on sale. I'm not a huge brie fan...it's okay occasionally, but as a huge cheese lover, this is not a go-to for me. However! It caught my eye, and I remembered this easy creation my sister and her girlfriends thought up to say they had an excuse to eat brie. I pulled this together as my guests were coming in and getting drinks, and 20 minutes later I pulled a bubbly, gooey, cheese delight from the oven!
Welcome! I'm a twenty-something teacher taking on newly-wedded bliss in Small town, USA. I love cooking, spoiling those I love, and writing all about it. I'm glad you're here!