- Clean and de-stem one box of mushrooms.
- Using a spoon, fill each mushroom with Boursin cheese (an herb spread, found with soft cheeses)
- Place, cheese-side up, in an oven-safe dish
- Put in a 350-degree oven for about 10 minutes.
- Remove & sprinkle tops of mushrooms with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake an additional 8-10 minutes.
This is such an easy appetizer, and unless you're a mushroom-hater, I can't image that wouldn't be in love with it. Growing up...and still going strong...my parents were in what they affectionately called the "Gourmet Group." Monthly, and sans kiddos, this group of friends got together to share good food, good wine, and a lot of laughs. As we've all grown up, we've crashed their parties to join in all the fun. I'm pretty sure this recipe can be credited to one of the lovely ladies in that group! My mom has made it for years, and it struck me as the perfect Valentine dinner appetizer.
I made these ahead of time, covered the pan with saran wrap, and refrigerated them; then, I stuck them in the oven about 15 minutes before I wanted them. I also saved the stems of my mushrooms since it's soup season. If you can spare 10 minutes of prep time, you'll have yourself and appetizer everyone will love!
Welcome! I'm a twenty-something teacher taking on newly-wedded bliss in Small town, USA. I love cooking, spoiling those I love, and writing all about it. I'm glad you're here!