Anyway, my love of cottage cheese is only heightened with this potato recipe my mom and her girlfriends found years ago. It takes plain 'ol boiled potatoes and spices them up without much effort. Kyle could eat potatoes all day, every day - he's a meat and potatoes farm boy at heart - and while I won't knock meat and potatoes, I've had to keep a few tricks up my sleeve to keep meat and potato night from becoming too routine.
After boiling potatoes, a creamy garlic mixture is stirred in to them before being topped with cheese and baked until it's gooey and delicious. Prep time is low, and baking time is only 30 minutes...enjoy!
1 C. sour cream
1 C. cottage cheese
1/2 C. green onions, chopped
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
Salt & Pepper, to taste
Shredded cheddar cheese to top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium pot, boil potatoes until just fork-tender.
- While potatoes are boiling, mix together sour cream, cottage cheese, onions, and seasoning.
- Drain potatoes, and stir in cottage cheese mixture.
- Pour into a greased 9x13 pan; cover with foil.
- Bake 20 minutes covered, then remove foil, add cheddar cheese, and bake another 10 minutes.