I don't know what made me seek out a recipe for this, but I decided to do a little research, and through several different recipes, I created my own version. It durned out wonderfully! The very last "throw-together" didn't take long, but I'll warn you that the prep of all the separate pieces also didn't lend this to be a quick weeknight go-to if you're in a rush. However, with a glass of wine and some pandora playing, I had a great time in my kitchen Wednesday night! :)
*You could easily leave the chicken out for a flavorful vegetarian option.
Chicken Pad Thai
2 T. soy sauce
1 T. corn starch
2 limes, juiced
2 T. rice vinegar
5 T. fish sauce
5 T. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
10 oz. rice noodles
4 T. sesame oil
1/4 C. green onion, plus some for garnish
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 eggs, beaten
1/3 C. cilantro, chopped
1/3 C. peanuts, chopped
1/4 C. peanut sauce
- Mix soy sauce & cornstarch; cut chicken and toss with soy sauce. Set aside.
- Mix lime juice, fish sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, and pepper flakes.
- Set noodles in a large bowl, and boil water.
- Pour boiling water over noodles, allow to sit 8-10 minutes, drain.
- Heat 2 T. sesame oil; saute garlic and onion 2 minutes.
- Add chicken to onions; saute until cooked. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Heat remaining 2 T. oil. Add beaten eggs and cook until scrambled.
- Add chicken back to pan, add noodles, and add sauce.
- Heat together & stir in peanut sauce.
- Garnish with cilantro, peanuts, and onion before serving.